4 HOUR (HALF DAY) OPTIONS
This itinerary can be customized to suit your tastes including the sights & sounds of the city & surrounding areas, as well as a visit to the False Bay side of the Peninsula via Chapmans Peak Drive to enjoy some wine tasting in Constantia and a traditional fish & chips lunch at one of the picturesque harbour towns.
- After meeting your driver and suiting up in your riding gear, head northwards out of the city past the bustling Table Bay Harbour and onto the R27 West Coast road.
- After passing through the commercial area of Paarden Island, enjoy the sights of the Rietvlei Wetlands, home to numerous aquatic and marine bird species including pelicans, flamingos, terns and gulls.
- On arrival at Bloubergstrand beach (toilet stop), take a selfie with the iconic Table Mountain as a backdrop. Re-board your sidecar & continue northwards along the coast enjoying the beachfront activity & scenery with the famous Robben Island in the background.
- On arrival at Big Bay (toilet stop), disembark for a leg stretch & a coffee (time permitting).
- After your stop, head back to the city following the same coastal route with the image of Table Mountain ahead of you. A super trip with some great photo opportunities...
Rates are on a 'per sidecar' basis and include:
- sidecar with driver
- use of all our riding gear (leather jackets, helmets, goggles)
- complimentary bandanas, fuel & insurances
- All our sidecars carry the driver plus either 1 or 2 passengers. (One passenger in the sidecar + one passenger behind the driver). Some of our bikes now carry the driver plus up to 3 passengers
Rates do not include (if applicable):
- guests' meal costs
- entry fees
- toll fees
- tasting fees
- any other personal expenses
Bring your camera (mobile phone) and sunblock
Moderate fitness. We are a disabled-friendly activity
- What to Wear
Comfortable clothes & closed footwear. We will supply leather jackets, bandanas, helmets & goggles.
- Departure Point
Any one of the following suggested pickup points are suitable:
- Sidecar Depot. 1 Dickens Road, Salt River, Cape Town.
- In front of Ferryman's Pub, V&A Waterfront
- Any City Bowl or V&A Waterfront address.
- PLEASE NOTE: If pick-up or drop-off is outside the Cape Town City/V&A Waterfront area, drive-time of your trip may be reduced.
- Return Point
Drop-off can be at any of the pick-up points.
- After your meet & greet with your driver, enjoy a brief driving tour of the city. 20 minutes.
- Continue along Atlantic Seaboard via Camps Bay - Hout Bay to Chapman's Peak Drive. ETA Chapman's Peak lookout 30 minutes. 5 mins stop for photos.
- Continue over Chapman's Peak to Simon's Town via Noordhoek and Scarborough. 40 minutes.
- Fish & Chips lunch in Simon's Town. 45 minutes.
- Head towards Constantia area over Ou Kaapse Weg. 30 mins.
- Optional stop at wine estate for wine tasting. 30 mins, time permitting.
- Head back to the city. 30 minutes.
- Total tour duration: 4 hours