Full Day Winelands
Enjoy a full day outing in the Winelands. Visit a selection of 3 to 4 wine estates in the Paarl-Stellenbosch-Franschhoek wine districts.
- After your meet & greet with your driver at the pickup point, board your sidecar & head out to the Winelands area via the N1 highway.
- First stop is The Spice Route. A farm where you can indulge in a host of tastings (Wine, beer, chocolate, artisinal cheeses & lots more..) in a beautiful setting.
- Continue to Fairview Wine Estate next door & enjoy a taste of their wines accompanied by a cheese platter made from the milk of the resident herd of goats.
- After stocking up on some quality wine, re-board your sidecar & head through the picturesque countryside towards Franschhoek and stop off at Boschendal Wine Estate for lunch (picnic optional).
- After lunch, head over Helshoogte Pass (optional stop at Delaire to enjoy the views) towards the town of Stellenbosch.
- After a brief driving tour through Stellenbosch, head towards the famous Van Ryns Brandy Distillery where you can indulge in a session of brandy & chocolate pairing.
- Afterwards, head back to Cape Town via the N2 highway.
- If requested, Wineland tours can be tailor-made to suit your tastes and requests.
Rates are on a 'per sidecar' basis and include:
- sidecar with driver
- use of all our riding gear (leather jackets, helmets, goggles)
- complimentary bandanas, fuel & insurances
- R100 charge for the driver's meal allowance
- All our sidecars carry the driver plus up to two passengers. (One passenger in the sidecar + one passenger behind the driver)
Rates do not include (if applicable):
- guests' meal costs
- entry fees
- toll fees
- tasting fees
- any other personal expenses
- Bring Bring your camera (or mobile phone) & sunblock.
- Fitness Moderate fitness. We are also a disabled-friendly activity.
- What to Wear Comfortable clothes & closed footwear. We will supply leather jackets, bandanas, helmets & goggles
- Departure Point
Any one of the following suggested pickup points are suitable:
- Sidecar Depot. 1 Dickens Road, Salt River, Cape Town
- In front of Ferryman's Pub, V&A Waterfront
- Any City Bowl or V&A Waterfront address.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you require a pick-up or drop-off outside the Cape Town City/V&A Waterfront area, drive-time of your trip may be reduced.
- Return Point
- Drop off at any one of the suggested pickup points
- Meet & greet at your pickup point. Depart for The Spice Route.
- Arrive at The Spice Route (60 minute ride) in the Paarl district. 45 minutes tasting.
- Re-board your sidecar & drive to Fairview Wine Estate (10 minutes). 45 minutes tasting.
- Continue to Boschendal Wine Estate. Drive time 30 minutes. 1.5 hours for lunch
- After lunch head towards Stellenbosch via Helshoogte. ETA Stellenbosch 30 minutes.
- Driving tour of Stellenbosch then continue to Van Ryns Brandy Distillery. 30 minutes.
- Enjoy a Brandy & chocolate pairing session at Van Ryns. 1 hour.
- Re-board your sidecar & return to Cape Town via the N2 highway. 1 hour
- Total trip duration: 8 hours
(Maximum 8 hours drive-time ex depot) Popular Day Outings: Cape Peninsula Round Trip; Wineland’s Day Trip; South Coast Meander (Gordons Bay, Pringle Bay, Betty’s Bay & Return) R 4 150.00 (per sidecar with driver)