Full Day to Betty's Bay
South Coast meander via Gordon's Bay to Betty's Bay for an authentic Fish & Chips Meal. Return via Pringle Bay and visit the Stony Point penguin colony as well as a stop at the Cheetah Outreach sanctuary in Somerset West.
- After your meet & greet with your driver at your pick-up point, head out of the city towards Gordon's Bay via the N2 highway.
- Pass through the harbour town of Gordon's Bay & continue along the stunning coastal road of Clarence Drive. The scenery includes the dramatic Hottentots-Holland mountain range on your left as well as False Bay coastline on your left, home to an abundance of marine life, including Southern Right whales (in season).
- Pass through the seaside villages of Rooi Els and Pringle Bay before reaching Betty's Bay.
- At Bettys Bay, enjoy a brief visit to the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens or head down to the Stony Point penguin colony.
- Re-board your sidecar and continue to Pringle Bay for an authentic lunch of Fish & Chips.
- After lunch, re-board your sidecar & head back to Gordon's Bay along Clarence Drive again enjoying the magnificent scenery of the False Bay coastline.
- After passing through Gordon's Bay & the holiday town of Strand, stop off at the Cheetah Outreach at Paardevlei in Somerset West.
- Optional visit to Flagstone Winery and/or Triggerfish Craft Brewery while you're there.
- After your stop, head back to Cape Town via the N2 with an optional visit to the famous Meerlust Wine Estate.
Rates are on a 'per sidecar' basis and include:
- sidecar with driver
- use of all our riding gear (leather jackets, helmets, goggles)
- complimentary bandanas, fuel & insurances
- All our sidecars carry the driver plus either 1 or 2 passengers. (One passenger in the sidecar + one passenger behind the driver). Some of our bikes now carry the driver plus up to 3 passengers
Rates do not include (if applicable):
- guests' meal costs
- entry fees
- toll fees
- tasting fees
- any other personal expenses
Bring your camera (mobile phone) and sunblock
Moderate fitness. We are a disabled-friendly activity
- What to Wear
Comfortable clothes & closed footwear. We will supply leather jackets, bandanas, helmets & goggles.
- Departure Point
Any one of the following suggested pickup points are suitable:
- Sidecar Depot. 1 Dickens Road, Salt River, Cape Town.
- In front of Ferryman's Pub, V&A Waterfront
- Any City Bowl or V&A Waterfront address.
- PLEASE NOTE: If pick-up or drop-off is outside the Cape Town City/V&A Waterfront area, drive-time of your trip may be reduced.
- Return Point
Drop-off can be at any of the pick-up points.
Follow this link
- Meet & Greet and then head out of the city on the N2 highway towards Gordon's Bay.
ETA Gordons Bay. 1 hour.
- Continue along Clarence Drive to Betty's Bay
ETA Betty's Bay. 1 hour.
- Visit Botanical Gardens or Penguin colony. 30 minutes.
- Head towards Pringle Bay for Lunch. 30 minutes.
- Lunch in Pringle Bay. 1 hour.
- After lunch, re-board sidecar & head back to Somerset West along Clarence Drive via Gordon's Bay. 1 hour.
ETA Cheetah Outreach, Somerset West. 1 hour visit.
- Re-board bikes & head towards Meerlust Wine Estate via N2 highway. 30 mins.
ETA Meerlust. Wine tasting. 30 minutes.
- After wine tasting, head back to Cape Town. ETA Cape Town 1 hour
- Total trip duration: 8 hours