4 Day West Coast Tour
Travelling northwards & following the Benguela ocean current up the West Coast of Southern Africa allows you to experience the semi-arid desert with an abundance of indigenous fauna & flora. Following the coastline along the R27 west coast road up to Lamberts Bay then cutting inland to the Cederberg Wilderness area and returning through the Middleberg mountain pass via the pretty town of Tulbugh and onwards to Cape Town.
The tour is mainly on-road, with some easy gravel roads in between. Freeways are avoided at best.
- West Coast National Park (Fauna & Flora and an abundance of marine birdlife. Ideal for twitchers)
- Lamberts Bay (Crayfish heaven)
- Penguin viewing. (Enjoy a trip to Bird Island to view the penguins colony, gannets & other marine life)
- Famous Church Street, Tulbugh. (Olde Worlde village with great pubs, restaurants & museums)
- Wildflower viewing (Seasonal). (August to October)
- The Baths. (Citrusdal resort featuring hot springs, spa baths & accommodation in Victorian style lodges with private hot baths)
Package Costs (VAT 15% included)
1st Passenger (Sharing) R12200
2nd Passenger (Single Supplement) R9000